It’s been just a short time since we updated you on Truthdig, but the site just keeps on improving. Some of the newest changes to the site:
- They served their 1 millionth unique visitor
- They added a section called “The Truthdig Interviews” which has conversations with some interesting luminaries, often with audio as well as a transcript.
- They added all sorts of great merchandise to their store: shirts and bags and mugs and buttons and more.
- They added a Paypal service for ordering Robert Scheer’s new book, “Playing President,” directly from Truthdig. It will be signed by the author; that’s pretty cool.
- And of course the things you don’t see are important, too: We designed a new way for the staff to sort and filter the stories so they have more flexibility on what goes where on the front page without having to touch the HTML code, and they can reorder every part of the front page in about 1 minute now, instead of the ten minute process it used to be.
- We’ll also be moving them to a bigger, better server to handle the traffic they’ve been getting.
There are some other tools coming soon that will leverage the readers’s interest and allow greater interactivity.