Hop Studios has an immediate opening for a full-time office manager.
We’re a small high tech firm based in Vancouver’s Gastown, and we’re looking for someone reliable and capable who wants to become a long-term, core member of our team. We build websites for social enterprises (and other firms as well), and we’ve been one of Canada’s leading web design and development firms since we opened our doors in 2004. Our current office manager is retiring and you’ll be filling some big shoes; in many ways, you’ll be the cornerstone of the company.
Job duties will include…
- Bookkeeping & tax preparation
- HR and payroll administration
- Liaising with banks, accountants, insurance, etc.
- Booking company travel
- Being the voice of Hop Studios (it’s not just answering the phone)
- Maintaining and decorating the office (we all help out)
The ideal applicant will have many of the following skills and abilities at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- Experience with bookkeeping (we contract this out, but you need to be able to supervise it)
- Basic office technology skills (Google Docs, video conferencing, etc.)
- Diligence (not going to lie, there’s some repetitive task work in this position)
- Efficiency (or the repetitive work will take way too long)
- Professionalism and friendliness (you’ll be maintaining relationships with many of Hop Studios’ vendors and service providers, who we tend to choose based on their professional friendliness)
- Superior written and verbal interpersonal skills (much of our internal and external communication happens by email and chat)
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined with a strong sense of ethics
Who can apply?
- You must want a full-time position
- You should be able to start by October 1, 2019
- You should be able to work in Canada
- You live, or are willing to live, in Vancouver, BC, and work in the Hop Studios offices. (We do support telecommuting and remote workers, but not for this position).
Who are we?
- We’re a 13-year-old company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
- We work on meaningful projects that change lives and improve society.
- We’re fun to work for, and our deep client roster is full of excellent humans to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in the Gastown district of Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative, startup-esque work environment.
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience – the range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.