Hop Studios has an immediate opening for a part-time sales representative.
We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine and Craft design and development firm, and we’ve been around for more than a decade, but we’ve never had a dedicated sales person. You’ll be key to helping us grow by identifying and bringing in interesting and meaningful projects, with clients that will benefit mightily from a technology partner that cares about their success.
The ideal applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a customer facing environment
- Proven track record of business development and relationship management
- Technology related, B2B sales experience strongly preferred
- Possesses a “hunter” mentality and superior relationship building personality
- Superior written and verbal interpersonal skills including negotiation proficiency
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined with a strong sense of ethics
What technical proficiencies are we looking for?
- Familiarity with Hubspot or similar CRM systems (important)
- Familiarity with ExpressionEngine or Craft CMS (optional)
- Proficient using Google Analytics (preferred)
- Familiarity with SEO and SEM (would be nice)
- Website development experience (a plus)
Who can apply?
- You must want a part-time position i.e. this is probably not going to grow into full time in the near future
- You should be able to start immediately
- You should be able to work in Canada
- You live, or are willing to live, in Vancouver, BC, and can work in the Hop Studios offices. However, telecommuting workers will be considered in exceptional cases.
Who are we?
- We’re a 13-year-old company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
- We work on meaningful projects that change lives and improve society.
- We’re fun to work for, and our deep client roster is full of excellent humans to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in the Gastown district of Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative, startup-esque work environment.
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience—the range for this position is $45,000 to $70,000 FTE, and will be a mix of commission and base pay starting at approx 20 hours a week
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.