We have an immediate opening for a full-time web designer. We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine design and development firm, and you’ll be working on interesting and meaningful projects, using the latest tools and techniques.
The most interesting applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level:
- The ability to solicit design guidance from clients with little to no design background
- Wireframe and content organization experience
- Solid web user interface knowledge
- Web graphic production software; Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Experience with branding, identity and logo development
- Skills in adapting print or other media marketing materials for a web presence
- Design ability with web-associated design media, such as email newsletters and mobile sites
- Familiarity with the ExpressionEngine and/or other database-driven backend content management systems
- Experience with Flash a plus, but not crucial
Don’t have absolutely everything on that list? That’s OK. We provide on-the-job experience acquisition if you’ve got a strong majority.
What are the other requirements?
- Self-starter with a creative streak
- Ability to take design direction and interpret novel solutions
- Several years of experience working in web design
- Good at hitting deadlines with aplomb
- Excellent written communication skills
- A desire to experiment with new ideas and break paradigms, combined with a realistic approach to a client’s actual needs
Who can apply?
- you live in Vancouver, BC
- you can work in Canada
- you are able to start immediately i.e. you can give notice now
- you want a permanent position
Who are we?
- We’re a 9-year-old company with a focus on media, non-profits and educational websites but a broad range of clients overall.
- We’re fun to work with (if we’re allowed to say that about ourselves [we are -ed.]), and our clients are excellent as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in downtown Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative work environment.
- We pay a competitive wage based on experience
- We work hard, but also have lives outside of work.
To apply, send a cover letter, your resume, and links to websites you’ve built. Send them to email@example.com.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. Seriously.