It’s time to grow again. We have an immediate opening for a full-time Web / CMS developer.
We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine and Craft design and development firm. You’ll be using the latest tools and technologies, working on interesting and meaningful projects from social media to shopping carts to saving society.
The best applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- ExpressionEngine / Craft / Wordpress
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Common Web service APIs
- Server administration (LAMP stack)
- Web hosting and DNS management, especially AWS
In addition, experience with Google Analytics, with SEO, with using version control systems (Git, natch), with doing unit testing, and with building mobile / responsive websites will be considered a big checkmark in the “Pro” column.
What are the other requirements?
- Self-starter with healthy curiosity
- Tenacious attitude towards problem solving
- At least a few years of experience working in Web development
- Good at hitting deadlines with a thump
- Excellent written communication skills - you will be in direct contact with clients.
- A long-term interest in keeping on top of technology trends and tools
- If your username was “louis” that would be very convenient
Who can apply?
- You must want a permanent position i.e. not part-time or contract
- You must be able to start immediately i.e. you can give standard notice now
- You should be able to work in Canada
- You live, or are willing to live, in Vancouver, BC, or Calgary, AB, Canada. However, telecommuting workers will be considered in exceptional cases.
Who are we?
- We’re a 13-year-old company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
- We work on meaningful projects that change lives and improve society.
- We’re fun to work for, and our deep client roster is full of excellent humans to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in the Gastown district of Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative, startup-esque work environment.
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Or anything else.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.