- Unzip the folder to a temporary location on your local hard drive.
- FTP the files from their local folders to the same locations in your EE install’s /system/user/addons/ folder on the server.
- Navigate to Add-ons in your EE control panel and install the add-on. That’s it!
Create a folder within your webroot for Hop Minifizer to save your cached files to, e.g. public_html/cache
Next, install Hop Minifizer’s extension, or amend your config.php to include the cache folder’s location & URL.
If you wish to enable compression, copy the contents of sample.htaccess to an .htaccess file placed in your cache folder, e.g. public_html/cache/.htaccess
Updating is easy:
- Download a new version from this website, and extract on your hard drive.
- Upload the new files to their appropriate locations.
- Navigate to the Add-Ons/Modules tab in your EE control panel and uninstall the module.
- Remove the add-on directory from your EE system folder on the server.